Tuesday, December 4, 2012

M.A.C. Prep + Prime Skin Primer

Happy December Everyone!
It's been a long time since I've updated this blog, but been busy busy being a preggo and preparing for baby. :) I haven't done an update regarding my favorite products of the moment in awhile and thought I'd share with you one of the latest and greatest items that I've been loving. MAC's Prep and Prime Primer has been around forever and I'm normally not the biggest MAC skin products fan, due to it not vegging well with my skin...I love their color payout with their shadows and pigments though...so I'm not knocking on MAC. Despite my doubts about MAC's skin products, I gave one of their primers a go.

I shopped around for awhile for the perfect primer. My wants and needs in a primer are:
1) Needs to have my foundation stick. Lasting power baby!
2) Fill in imperfections as much as possible i.e. fill in larger pores, smooth over lines and wrinkles, dull redness, etc.
3) Make my oily t-zone less shiny and matte it down without drying my skin out.

There were 2 types of primers that I was shopping for. Silicone based or water based. Everyone has a different preference and recommendation on which is better, but I think it just depends on your routine. They say that water based is better for your skin in the long run, since silicone based may make your imperfections more noticeable in the end, but it does provide a velvety finish. I may use foundation daily, but I don't put on a full face of makeup unless I'm heading out for a fun day/night, ergo, don't have the need to put on primer daily. In my case, I was comfortable using a silicone based primer.

The P+P fits my 3 needs to a T. I love the pump dispenser and how it expels the exact amount I need for one application. It dries to a smooth finish where your face feels like a baby's bottom. This mattifying effect really pleases me since it fills in my larger pores around my nose & cheeks. When applying it on your hand, you might notice that up close, the P+P leaves a sparkly residue, but once on your face and with makeup over it, there is no glittery effect. Its supposed to have an illuminating effect without the sparkle. Works for me! My foundation lasts allllllllllllll day and I mean all. Not to be disgusting, but trying to be honest...I came home exhausted one night and didn't wash my face. (I know shame! shame!) The next morning as I was wiping off my makeup, ALL of my foundation was still intact. I found it surprising that most of it didn't rub off on my pillow during the night. The price point is reasonable as well at $29.

So far, I've been extremely satisfied with this primer. Not sure if I can call it my Holy Grail Primer yet, but its a definite thumbs up in my book. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment